- This event has passed.
Join members from the Ealing branch for a special event to celebrate the Co-operative Party’s 100th birthday.
The celebration takes place on Thursday 16th November 2017 from 7pm at the Brentham Club, 38A Meadvale Road W5 1NP (E2 and E9 buses from Ealing Broadway or Greenford stop close to the Club.)
The event is being held at the Brentham Club to recognise the pioneering role of the Brentham Estate as a “co-partnership” (co-operative) housing estate, and the place of residence of Sam Perry (father of Fred), who was the founding Secretary of the national Co-op Party in 1917. Our speakers at the meeting will include:
- Steve Pound MP – who has served longer as an Ealing MP than any Co-operative Party member in history
- Claire McCarthy – the current General Secretary of the Co-operative Party
- Cllr Yvonne Johnson – the longest-ever serving Co-operative Party member on LB Ealing Council, on the role of Co-operative Councillors in the Borough
- Cllr David Rodgers – Cllr for the Brentham Estate, on Brentham’s co-operative history
- Phil Portwood – Secretary of Ealing Borough Co-operative Party, on the co-operative party and movement in Ealing Borough
- A local member to speak on James Hudson – the Ealing North and West official Labour and Co-operative MP from 1945 to 1955
- We hope also to be joined by Virendra Sharma MP and Rupa Huq MP, to say a few words, if their Parliamentary duties allow
- The meeting will be chaired by our Ealing Borough Chair Robin Marshall
After the meeting there will be a social event in the historic bar of the Brentham Club