- This event has passed.
We meet with our country at a crossroads. People are crying out for a movement that believes in sharing power and wealth. And we’re ready to answer that call with our North West ‘Ideas to change Britain’ members event.
Bringing together members and supporters from across the co-operative, labour and trade union movements, this is a chance to learn more and help shape our plans to build a fairer Britain.
The event will features debates on the Co-operative Party’s Policy Process for 2018: An Economy Where Wealth and Power Are Shared and Britain Leaving the European Union. There will also be sessions on becoming a Co-operative Councillor and building co-operative activism in the North West.
Sandwich lunch is included in the ticket price and the event is open to non-members of the Co-operative Party.
- 10.00 Registration commences
- 10.30 Welcome & introduction
- 10.40 Session 1: An Economy where wealth and power are shared – with Luciana Berger MP, Stephen Twigg MP and Cllr Matt Brown (Preston City Council)
- 12.00 Session 2: Britain leaving the European Union – with Louise Ellman MP, Britta Werner (Unicorn Co-operative) and Anna Birley (Policy Officer, Co-operative Party)
- 13.00 Lunch
- 13.30 Session 3: Making change happen in your community – with Jo Platt MP, Gareth Nash (Co-operative & Mutual Solutions), Kevin Wan (North West Housing Services), Cllr Jim King (Salford Credit Union), Cllr Emily Spurrell (Liverpool City Council)
- 14.30 Sum up and close
- 14.45 Party Support Drop-in – party officer training and Q&A with John Boyle, Membership Officer