- This event has passed.
A conference of interest to all concerned users and providers of Health and Social Care Services in Shropshire that seeks to inform and explore the main issues facing us locally and nationally.
- Lord Phillip Hunt is a Shadow Health Minister and a former Minister of State in the Department of Health. He is Labour’s Deputy Leader in the Lords.
- Dr Tony O’Sullivan is the former Director of Services for Children and Young People, Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust and Chair of Keep Our NHS Public. He was a member of the successful Save Lewisham Hospital Campaign.
- Dr Mary McCarthy is a local GP, Chair of the Shropshire Local Medical Committee (LMC), a member of the General Practitioners Committee of the BMA and the BMA representative to UEMO.
- Cheryl Barrott has been a Community Worker for over thirty years and is Co-founder and Co-director of Change AGEnts Network UK Ltd. She has been involved in the practice of Older People’s participation since 1998, initially as part of the Better Government for Older People programme. She is the Chair of Co-operatives Yorkshire & the Humber.
- Pete Gillard is the Patient Representative on Shropshire Clinical Commissioning Group.
- Gill George is Chair of Defend our NHS Shropshire
- Gary Kirlew is the Education Co-ordinator for Severn Hospice and Palliative Care.
The event will also include workshops on adult social care, mental health and palliative and hospice care.
This Conference is free however places are limited to please register in advance: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Conference is sponsored by Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin Co-operative Party and Shropshire Labour Party Local Campaign Forum.