Labour & Co-operative MP for Hackney South & Shoreditch
Meg Hillier MP has been Labour & Co-operative MP for Hackney South & Shoreditch since 2005 and was previously a borough councillor and member of the London Assembly.
Meg was Shadow Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change 2010-11 and chaired the Parliamentary Group of Co-operative MPs 2010/11.
- The co-operative movement is tackling Britain’s ‘hidden epidemic’ (11 Feb 2016)With loneliness described as a 'public health crisis', the Party and co-operative movement are working together to ensure the issue receives the attention it deserves
- CAN Campaign: Local Support Agencies for Co-op Startups (7 Feb 2016)Agencies to bring people together, encourage co-op development and build a network of co-operators.
- Student housing can be awful. These students have come up with a better way. (8 Feb 2016)With the housing market and student finance broken, students across the UK are doing away with landlords and setting up their own not-for-profit housing co-operatives
- Scottish Parliament List Selections Announced (8 Feb 2016)The Scottish Labour Party has announced its list candidates for May's Scottish Parliament elections, with the following Co-operative Party candidates on the list:
- Poor communities are being taken for a ride by our transport system (4 Feb 2016)Over the past 20 years, the richest 10% have had their transport subsidised 4 times more than the poorest 10%. And yet it's the poorest who rely on public transport most.