Labour and Co-operative MP for Walthamstow
Stella was elected for Walthamstow in 2010, having previously been a Waltham Forest councillor and Mayor of the Borough, and currently serves as a Shadow Minister for Business, Innovation and Skills.
Stella gained her PhD in psychology and worked for the Scouting Association and Involve, the public involvement think tank. Previously she worked in Westminster for Douglas Alexander, Charles Clarke and Ross Cranston.
- The co-operative movement is tackling Britain’s ‘hidden epidemic’ (11 Feb 2016)With loneliness described as a 'public health crisis', the Party and co-operative movement are working together to ensure the issue receives the attention it deserves
- CAN Campaign: Local Support Agencies for Co-op Startups (7 Feb 2016)Agencies to bring people together, encourage co-op development and build a network of co-operators.
- Student housing can be awful. These students have come up with a better way. (8 Feb 2016)With the housing market and student finance broken, students across the UK are doing away with landlords and setting up their own not-for-profit housing co-operatives
- Scottish Parliament List Selections Announced (8 Feb 2016)The Scottish Labour Party has announced its list candidates for May's Scottish Parliament elections, with the following Co-operative Party candidates on the list:
- Poor communities are being taken for a ride by our transport system (4 Feb 2016)Over the past 20 years, the richest 10% have had their transport subsidised 4 times more than the poorest 10%. And yet it's the poorest who rely on public transport most.