Stella was elected for Walthamstow in 2010, having previously been a Waltham Forest councillor and Mayor of the Borough, and currently serves as a Shadow Minister for Business, Innovation and Skills.
Stella gained her PhD in psychology and worked for the Scouting Association and Involve, the public involvement think tank. Previously she worked in Westminster for Douglas Alexander, Charles Clarke and Ross Cranston.
Stella has been leading a high profile campaign to control legal loan sharks.
Listed among: Members of Parliament
- Co-operative MPs celebrate Co-operatives Fortnight (6 Jul 2013)Today, International Co-operatives Day, marks the close of Co-operatives Fortnight 2013, celebrated around the country by co-operative enterprises. Our Members of Parliament made their own contribution by organising a Parliamentary debate, highlighting the great work of co-ops here and abroad. The debate was organized by Chris Evans, Labour & Co-operative MP for Islwyn. Throughout the […]
- Step forward in the House of Lords for loansharks campaign (29 Nov 2012)Last night the government recognised the need to cap the interest rates charged on payday loans, responding to a debate in the House of Lords on a proposed amendment to the Financial Services Bill.
- Stella Creasy MP dinner in Liverpool, 11th October (6 Oct 2012)Stella Creasy MP dinner – an invitation from Liverpool & Sefton Co-operative Party Great news! Stella Creasy has agreed to be the guest of honour at our first Liverpool & Sefton Co-operative Party fundraising dinner. Stella will be speaking about her fantastic work campaigning to End Legal Loan Sharks and what it means to be […]
- Bringing the End Legal Loansharking campaign to Labour Party Conference (1 Oct 2012)The Co-operative Party’s Development & Campaigns Officer Rebecca Mattingly previews tonight’s Labour Party Conference event. Today at Labour Party Conference, the Co-operative Party will join with Movement for Change for an End Legal Loansharking campaign training session. Speakers including Rt Hon Tessa Jowell MP and Stella Creasy MP will build on growing activism around the […]
- The Co-operative Party at Labour Party Conference (25 Sep 2012)The Co-operative Party has announced its events at Labour Party Conference which takes place in Manchester next week. We are hosting a varied set of fringe meetings, training events and socials, with partners including CSM, Movement for Change, Compass, the Fabians and Labour Students. We look forward to seeing delegates in Manchester – the Co-operative […]
- Oral Answers to Questions — Business, Innovation and Skills: Small Businesses (26 Mar 2015)Stella Creasy: If women set up businesses at the same rate as men there would be 1 million extra entrepreneurs in this country, adding about £60 billion a year to our economy. What is stopping the Secretary of State putting into practice the Liberal Democrat Burt report recommendations on monitoring whether the Government are buying from women in their own supply chain to help to bridge that gap?
- Energy and Climate Change: Barts Health NHS Trust (19 Mar 2015)Stella Creasy: Whipps Cross is my local hospital. I have been a patient there and my family have been patients there, as have friends and neighbours. I join the right hon. Member for Chingford and Woodford Green (Mr Duncan Smith) and my hon. Friend the Member for Leyton and Wanstead (John Cryer) in being horrified at what I am sure they would see as the Minister’s insulting response to this issue....
- [John Robertson in the Chair] — Women Entrepreneurs (18 Mar 2015)Stella Creasy: Will the Minister give way?
- Oral Answers to Questions — Prime Minister: Engagements (11 Mar 2015)Stella Creasy: If he will list his official engagements for Wednesday 11 March.
- Backbench Business: GP Services (5 Feb 2015)Stella Creasy: Will the Minister give way?
- Oral Answers to Questions — Justice: Victims of Crime (3 Feb 2015)Stella Creasy: What steps he is taking to support victims of crime.
- Opposition Day — [15th Allotted Day]: NHS (Government Spending) (28 Jan 2015)Stella Creasy: Let us take this debate back to the people we care about most-the patients, such as the mum who got in touch with me today who had rung her local GP 28 times to try to get through to get an appointment for her daughter, and whose friend had been told, “Don’t risk it-go to A and E because we simply cannot see our doctors.” Does my hon. Friend agree that the...
- Written Answers — HM Treasury: Sanitary Protection: VAT (28 Jan 2015)Stella Creasy: To ask Mr Chancellor of the Exchequer, what estimate he has made of the amount of VAT collected from the sale of sanitary products in the last five years.
- Consumer Rights Bill (Programme) (No. 3): Consumer Rights Bill (Carry-Over Extension) (12 Jan 2015)Stella Creasy: I simply rise to agree that this is an important Bill, and we are looking forward to progress being made and the Government finally agreeing with us in the Lords on ticket touting. We look forward to its return to this House for us to approve it.
- Consumer Rights Bill (Programme) (No. 3): Clause 3 — Contracts covered by this Chapter (12 Jan 2015)Stella Creasy: In the short time available let me say that I think we are looking at a form of alternative dispute resolution this evening, so let me first flag up the positive in terms of the customer service feedback we would like to give to the Government on these Lords amendments: we will be supporting all the Lords amendments. In particular, there are three that are worthy of consideration, following...