Reporting donations (including Society grants)

Karen Wilkie
For attention of:
7th March 2019
Last updated:
7th March 2019
28th July 2021
Other formats:

Please send details of grants and donations your party or branch has received this quarter - deadline 15 April

All Political Parties, including the Co-operative Party, must report any donations to the Electoral Commission at the end of each quarter.  This includes grants from the Society, unless your grant has come via Head Office (for example, Co-operative Group Parties), and also donations ‘in kind’, e.g. free or cheap use of meeting rooms.

If your Party Council or Branch has received any donations over £500 during the this quarter (1 January – 31 March), please make sure that you notify Karen Wilkie by Monday 15 April.  We need to know the date the donation was received, recipient (i.e. which Party or branch), donor and amount.

Remember – if you receive a donation of £500 or more other than from your Society you must always let us know straight away – don’t wait for the end of the quarter.  This is because we need to check that the donor is permissible.

See the link to further guidance from the Electoral Commission and please contact Karen if you are not sure what you need to do.

Action Points
  • Quarterly donations returns
    Send us details of grants and donations received by 15 April
  • Let us know if your Party Council Treasurer or Secretary changes
    All Party Council Treasurers and Secretaries are registered with the Electoral Commission. If these change, remember to let us know straight away so that we can notify them.
For more information

Karen Wilkie

Karen Wilkie