Join us in Nottingham for our next regional members' event.
Our country is at a crossroads. People are crying out for a movement that believes in sharing power and wealth. And we’re ready to answer that call with our Midlands’ ‘Ideas to change Britain’ members event.
Bringing together members and supporters from across the co-operative, labour and trade union movements, this is a chance to learn more and help shape our plans to build a fairer Britain.
The event will features debates on the Co-operative Party’s Policy Process for 2018: An Economy Where Wealth and Power Are Shared and Britain Leaving the European Union. There will also be sessions on becoming a Co-operative Councillor and building co-operative activism in the Midlands.
Lunch is included in the ticket price and the event is open to non-members of the Co-operative Party.
10.00-10.30: Registration, tea and coffee
10.30-11.00: Welcome & Key Note: Chris Leslie MP. (Chair/Welcome Jamie McMahon)
11.00-12.00: Policy Discussion – Britain leaving the European Union
• Chair – Mark Grayling
• Speaker 1 – Dr. Heather Peto
• Speaker 2 – Cllr Brian Parbutt, Chair, Nottingham City Transport Bus Company
• Speaker 3 – tbc
12.00-13.00: Policy Ideas Sessions
• Co-operation in Local Government (Chair – Cllr Brian Parbutt, with Local Government Officer Emma Hoddinott)
• Building Community Wealth (Chair – Nutan Modi / Mark Grayling tbc)
13.45-13.55: Co-operative Party Centenary Film
13.55-14.30: Key note: Vernon Coaker MP. (Chair Jamie McMahon)
14.30-15.30: Policy Discussion – An Economy where wealth and power are shared
• Chair – Jamie McMahon
• Speaker 1 – Tanya Noon, Director Central England Retail Society and Co-operative Group National Members Council.
• Speaker 2 – Cllr Emma Hoddinott, Co-operative Party Local Government Officer.
• Speaker 3 – Hugh Ellis, The Town and Country Planning Association
After close: Social event (Youth focus)